U
Posted By
ufauxreal
Nov 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased Photoshop Elements 3 for Mac, and when I try to install it, absolutely nothing happens. When I first insert the CD, I hear the fan rev up for a few minutes, and that’s all. I get no prompts on the screen, nothing to indicate that it is downloading.

I had downloaded the 30 day trial and was able to use that with no problem. I uninstalled that a few days ago (it was almost ready to expire).

I am on a Mac Mini, OS X 10.4.3, 512 mb Ram, 80 gbHD.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

JB

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
neon
Nov 19, 2005
ufauxreal wrote:
I purchased Photoshop Elements 3 for Mac, and when I try to install it, absolutely nothing happens. When I first insert the CD, I hear the fan rev up for a few minutes, and that’s all. I get no prompts on the screen, nothing to indicate that it is downloading.

I had downloaded the 30 day trial and was able to use that with no problem. I uninstalled that a few days ago (it was almost ready to expire).

I am on a Mac Mini, OS X 10.4.3, 512 mb Ram, 80 gbHD.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

JB
make sure the cd drive is functional (try another cd or try the cd in another mac). could be a bad cd.
U
ufauxreal
Nov 20, 2005
Thanks so much for your reply. I finally managed to get it installed.

One further question. Can I install this same program on my ibook? Are there restrictions on how many times I can install this software?

Thanks!

JB
N
neon
Nov 20, 2005
ufauxreal wrote:
Thanks so much for your reply. I finally managed to get it installed.
One further question. Can I install this same program on my ibook? Are there restrictions on how many times I can install this software?
Thanks!

JB
read the end user license agreement. you can probably install it on your ibook as long as you don’t use the program on both machines concurrently (in other words, you can’t use the same program on both machines at the same time). you’re also allowed to make a backup copy of the program cd for archival purposes, and, if you’re smart, you will. the end user license agreement is the first step in the installation process…all that legal bs that you agreed to when you installed the program. there are very rigid (legal) restrictions on how many active installations you are allowed. in the case of elements it’s probably 2. but, read the end user license agreement to be sure. you can also find it on the web at

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/CombinedGenericEULA _010804.pdf

and don’t forget…you don’t own that software…you’re just renting it from adobe. you didn’t really buy the software…you simply bought a license to use it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections