YD
Posted By
Yarka_Doucette
Jul 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 and I am unable to complete installation on my Macintosh computer. The installation go through full process, but will get hung up at the end with a message reminding to register product on line. Below are following two lines:
Items remaining to be installed: 0
Searching: Photoshop Elements 2.0

I cannot continue with any function. Only way out is to "force quit" from the installation.

The system I have is OS X 10.2.8, memory 256 MB, processor 1 GHz PowerPc G4, Hard drive has about 57 GB free space.

Please advise what can I do to complete installation.

Thank you,

Yarka S. Doucette

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 31, 2004
Yarka,

Have you got Norton installed? … if so you need to switch it off before you install.

Wendy
YD
Yarka_Doucette
Jul 31, 2004
Wendy,

Thank you for assistance. I do not have Norton installed. I have only basic software which came with little iMac (purchase little over year ago). The only software I installed since that time is new version of iLife ’04 and Solitaire game by Masque.

I have also PC computer and that one has Norton installed and I had absolutely no problem with the installation of the Photoshop Elements.

It is very frustrating since I cannot get much help from Adobe. Is there a phone number I can call to get some assistance from them?

Thanks,

Yarka
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 31, 2004
When was the last time you repaired permissions and let the utilities run? If you haven’t done either for a while, try that before going any further. Sometimes Jaguar can be very cranky if it hasn’t had the attention it wants and all kinds of weird things happen. Basically there is no reason why you shouldn’t be getting a clean install. I didn’t have any trouble installing under 10.2.8, although I do regular maintenance and always repair permissions both before and after installing software.
YD
Yarka_Doucette
Aug 1, 2004
Beth,

I ran repair Permissions, re-booted computer and still have same problem-Adobe Photoshop Elements will not complete installation with same status as described earlier.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Yarka
CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 2, 2004
Yarka,

I hesitate to respond as there are several on this forum with far more knowledge and specifically MAC knowledge than I. In the absence of other suggestions I would suggest

1) Run Disk Warrior or similar program. I was having a problem similar but not with PSE and an Apple rep suggested this and it worked for me.

2) I don’t recall ever reading about the Solitaire game and PSE. If number 1) doesn’t work I would delete the Solitaire game and try again.

3) If neither 1 nor 2 works, would you consider upgrading to 10.3? Many of us have done so and like it a lot. Maybe your PSE would install with that.

4) I would post the problem here <http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?13@@.6897105f/8> . I could not find a PSE reference, but there is a problem with Photoshop quitting that was solved with upgrading to 10.3.

I hope none of this leads you astray.

Carl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections