Posted By
David_Marchetti
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
David_Marchetti
Apr 20, 2004
I have tried most of the suggested methods at getting PS elements 2.0 to install on OSX 10.3.3 but none seem to work. I’ve tried permission repair, the write/read-only assignment etc. etc. but I still get the message:

error creating file
1008: 5, – 5000 access denied error

when the installer seems to be installing Photoshop 6 mojikumi

HELP Please, this is annoying as hell
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 20, 2004
Have you tried creating a new user account with admin privileges?
DM
David_Marchetti
Apr 23, 2004
Yes, still get the same message
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 23, 2004
David, there have been a couple of people (very few, fortunately) who have found it necessary to log in as root in to install PE. Shouldn’t be necessary, but if you’ve really tried all the other workarounds you’ve found here…
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 23, 2004
I think I also read here that if you copy the installer from the CD to your desktop you might be able to install it from there. If I remember right Barb B. or Beth came up with that one and it helped someone in a situation similar to yours.

Joe
RS
Richard_Spence
Apr 27, 2004
I’m having the same problem with the copy of PE2 that came bundled with a Minolta slide scanner: it fails to install with the ‘access denied’ message. I have tried all the things listed in the FAQ and in this forum thread but nothing has worked. I have to conclude that Adobe just don’t want me using their product…
LR
Larry_Riffle
Apr 28, 2004
Me too. My copy came with a Cannon LiDE scanner. Tried all the suggestions above. No joy.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 28, 2004
Are y’all saying that you can’t even install as root?
SB
Scott_Buttrick
May 4, 2004
David,
The PSE 2.0 that was bundled with my Olympus E1 software installed on my Powerbook running OSX 10.3.3 without a hitch. You may want to go into disk utilities and run "Repair Disk Permissions". There may be something their that is causing you problems.
RS
Richard_Spence
May 18, 2004
Reply to Barbara Brundage: No I can’t even install as root. Reply to Mark Hiers: Like I said, I tried everything in the FAQ and the thread and still nothing works.

I’m going to try copying the install disk to a disc image and then repairing everything that moves and then creating a new fresh account. Then I’ll wait for a full moon, make a blood sacrifice, walk three times round the computer and try installing one last time.

Or perhaps I should stop wasting my time and just download The GIMP…
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 18, 2004
Reply to Barbara Brundage: No I can’t even install as root.

Wow, that’s the first time I’ve heard of that one. Not under any user?

Maybe Mark or Rich (from Adobe) will have some ideas, but I’m stumped on that one.
YT
Yozo_Takino
May 22, 2004
I tried tips in the FAQ and this thread.
But I am still straggling to install it as well as Richard. I am looking forward to posting good ideas.
SP
Steve_Petree
May 24, 2004
I downloaded "Pseudo" from version tracker, after a suggestion by a colleague. <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/9608>

It still hung up, but after hitting "ok" it kept going until the installation was complete.

BOL
Steve Petree
YT
Yozo_Takino
May 25, 2004
Thank you for your information, Steve.
I could finish installing it using Pseudo.
SP
Steve_Petree
May 26, 2004
I did have only limited success using Pseudo, the html features, & some recipes were not available.

I did finally receive a call from Adobe Support, and they suggested that I go to >library>application support> and delete the adobe folder and then install PSE2. They did say I would also have to re-install other Adobe products. (I also use Acrobat Pro).

This produced absolutely no errors and all of the PSE2 features were available.

BOL
Steve Petree

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections