H
Posted By
H._Chris_Poole
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just curious – has anyone tried to install PS Elements 2.0 into the new Panther OS X 10.3? I tried and it gives me an error message about not having the Classic interface and the installation aborts. Does anyone know if there is there a fix available for this problem?

Thanks,
C. Poole

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 30, 2003
Hold on! There’s at least one person running Elements 2.0 on Panther, and maybe more, but I guess they’re not up yet. I haven’t heard of installation problems, though. Just to clarify – do you not have Classic installed? Or is it on there but Elements thinks it isn’t?
LM
Lou_M
Nov 30, 2003
Elements 2.0 runs fine for me on Panther, but I already had it installed in Jaguar and just upgraded Panther.

It shouldn’t need Classic; it runs fine under OS X. When does the installation abort–at the very beginning, or after you go through all the dialogs?
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Nov 30, 2003
Yep I run PSE in Panther too but like Lou, I just upgraded Panther. No help here I’m afraid. Sorry.

Joe
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 1, 2003
I installed from scratch–no error messages. I would delete any existing adobe preferences files and .plists and try again, because it should work, as long as it is elements 2 and not elements 1.
RD
Rick_D._Daniels
Dec 5, 2003
A different twist. I had PSE v 2.0 already working quite well with Jaguar. I upgraded to Panther and now every time I launch PSE the initial window that always appeared right in the middle of the screen now appears in the top right with only 1/2 the window visible. I drag it over to the middle, click on "connect to camera or scanner" and I get an immediate "crash"! I get a window to select an import source. When I pick one, I get an immediate error message: "The application Photoshop Elements 2.0 has unexpectedly quit. The system and other applications have not been affected. Would you like to submit a bug report to apple?"

I get the same result if I do a "file>import>Epson Scanner Perfection 3200".

So I need help. What’s causing this and how do I get rid of it?
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 5, 2003
Did you Repair Permissions after your install? Or, I can’t remember, is fsck -y still run in Panther as it is in Jag?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 5, 2003
Hi, Beth. Journaling runs fsck automatically, and you can’t use "fsck -y" anymore, but if you really want to run it, you can force the system to do it by "fsck -fy."
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 5, 2003
I’d reinstall the scanner software, Rick, and see if that clears it up. Are you sure your driver is panther-compatible? Is it a Photoshop plug-in or a standalone?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections