KM
Posted By
Karen_M._Chan
Jul 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to install Photoshop Elements 2.0 on my new G5 Mac, it’ll sit on the "installation complete" window for a looonnnngggg time with the beach ball spinning and spinning. If I wait long enough, it stops. But then, when I try to launch PE, it says I can’t open the program because "it may be damaged or incomplete".

Has anyone else run into this, and how do I fix it? Is it a problem with the CD, or something in my computer?

Thanks!
Karen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KM
Karen_M._Chan
Jul 23, 2004
Oh yes, I did already try several things (well, me and my SA) like repairing disk permissions, deleting and reinstalling, etc. In fact, it looks like all the things suggested in a thread of this topic from a couple of months ago (which I found after I posted :))

I was getting that access denied message on my first couple of installation attempts, but then my SA did something that made that message go away. However, installing is still something of a mystery.

Thanks for any help,
Karen
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 23, 2004
Hmmm. When you mention your "SA", the only thing I can think of that might match those initials is "System Administrator". Tell us about that system, because that could be the key to the problem if you’re on any kind of a network.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 23, 2004
Beth

"System Administrator"???? I suspect you have reaching the 9th plateau of geekdom. 🙂 May I suggest as an alternate interpretation "Significant Other"

Grant who is Doreen’s SA as well as husband, go-for, honey-do-this, honey-do-that and a whole lot more she has not told me about. YET!!!
KM
Karen_M._Chan
Jul 23, 2004
My computer is hooked up to my work’s intranet, but I’m loading it onto my own hard drive, not a server. And yes, SA is System Administrator.

Thanks,
Karen
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 23, 2004
woops

🙂

Grant
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 23, 2004
And you were saying, Grant?! 🙂

OK, but back to the poster’s problem. I don’t know much about network stuff at all, but back in the olden days when I was working, the computers on the network had "other stuff" running, too; so, just because I was loading something on "my" hard drive didn’t mean there wasn’t some other software installed that wouldn’t have been on my home computer. Is there any anti-virus software running? A firewall? Elements was designed for home users, so people who try to install it on systems used in businesses occasionally wind up finding there’s something else interfering with a good install. Take a look at what else is loaded and running and see if you can get any hints about what you have on that computer at work that the average home user wouldn’t have to contend with.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 23, 2004
wrote in message
: And you were saying, Grant?! 🙂
:

Not much … was told never to speak with your mouth full. Ummmm this crow is mighty tasty.

Grant
KM
Karen_M._Chan
Jul 26, 2004
AH-HA! Thanks Beth! I disconnected from our network server and tried again, and this time the installation worked perfectly.

I reconnected afterwards, and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks again,
Karen 🙂
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Jul 26, 2004
Yep she’s a genius. 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections