Posted By
Terry_Stombaugh
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Esteemed Group!

I need advice for installing a Photoshop 7.0 upgrade into my eMac. I have a 4.0 version running in Classic that I installed about 4 years ago into a previous Powermac. It worked great then and I just did a direct transfer into the eMac by copying folders into another hard drive, then into the new machine. It presently works great in Classic. The downside is that I no longer have the original CD from Photoshop 4.0, but some kind of serial # does appear in the ‘get info’ window (is this the Serial #?)

Now the original shrinkwrapped 7.0 upgrade arrives and I try to intall it. I go through the installation steps, new serial # and all, then the new program seeks out the older 4.0 with which to connect. It can’t find it.
" a qualifying version of Photoshop was not detected….." I then manually direct it though another option window to my main 4.0 program. the message I get is: "The Photoshop application you selected does not qualify for this upgrade…."

I thought that the 7.0 upgrade worked with 4.0 , did I just waste $$$ or am I missing somthing?

Your help and advice would be VERY appreciated!
Terry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Apr 7, 2004
You should get a window that allows you to enter PS 7 serial# and then a dialog window with three options. Choose the second option and enter your PS 4 serial #. Or something like that.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 7, 2004
The number that you see in your Photoshop 4’s splash screen (or "Get Info" dialog, is NOT the full serial number.
Providing that you registered your software when you purchased it, Customer Service may be able to help you.
SJ
Stevie_J_V
Apr 7, 2004
You obviously have registered to get the upgrade, so do as Ann says, customer support helped me out with the same thing at an art department I was upgrading for when they had lost all documentation.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections