TE
Posted By
Thadobe_Endersadobe
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running 10.2.8, I think the installer was designed for 10.3 and later and there were some changes in the way some user details were stored. Try to enter the following into the Terminal:

sudo bash

This will then ask you for your password…the command "sudo" gives you SUperuser capabilities to DO some freaky stuff for just a few minutes allowing you to easily type, or copy and paste, these exact three lines into the Terminal:

echo ‘echo $USER’ > /usr/bin/logname
chmod a+x /usr/bin/logname
exit

And for me the Elements installer ran very nicely thereafter. Make sure you use SINGLE QUOTES exactly as typed above.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jerry_Friedman
May 16, 2005
I had the same problem, and after spending a lo-o-ong time on the phone with Adobe, and then Apple, we decided it was a Mac system problem. I solved it by re-installing OS 10.3.8
JH
Joe Henry1000
May 18, 2005
Patrick

FYI have been a MAC user since 1989. DON’T try to insult me or my MAC when we know an inferior product.

I’m pretty sure Beth wasn’t trying to insult you or your Mac. In fact, I didn’t see anything in her post that could be construed as an insult. Seems to me she was just trying to help.

The PhotoShop Elements 3 WILL NOT WORK ON A IMAC NO MATTER WHAT IT SAYS OR YOU DO. IT IS A PILE OF @#!%$!!

That’s blatantly false. I just installed on my iMac and encountered no problems what so ever. If you posted back with specifics on your problem instead of flaming and ranting, perhaps we could help you.

FYI, I’ve been a Mac user since 1985. What’s that got to do with anything?

Joe
JJ
Jim_J
May 18, 2005
Patrick,

There are different ways to inform people. Please be mindful of the tone that others are using in the forum. In addition, blanket statments are unhelpful.

All,

May I suggest before this becomes more emotional than it needs to or a mac vs. pc contest that we go back to simply either trying to resolving the issue or, if we can’t… drop it.

Cheers
Jim, Adobe Volunteer Moderator
BH
Beth_Haney
May 18, 2005
Wow, that post from Patrick is so old in "forum years" that it took me a while to figure out what was going on. I think he’s old news and gave up on both Elements and us long ago.

Fortunately the more recent posts from Jim, Jerry, D. Newman, Thadobe, and Franklin are all reporting success stories, so we can probably all retreat to our quiet corners now. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections