JV
Posted By
John Varela
Dec 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop Elements 2 won’t run under Mac OS X 10.5.1 "Leopard" so I bought Elements 4.

I have only seen this with B&W photos, but that may be because I haven’t been working with anything but B&W.

After Photoshopping and saving a picture, sometimes the picture will appear in iPhoto darker and with higher contrast than it did in Photoshop. Sometimes it’s all black. EXCEPT: When the picture in iPhoto is expanded to max, it suddenly changes to a strange format: it looks superficially like a B&W negative, though it isn’t a negative, just high contrast and low dynamic range.

Once this has happened to a photo, there’s no way to recover in iPhoto except to revert to original and start editing from the beginning.

A workaround is to save the photo from Photoshop in TIFF format to a folder external to iPhoto and then import to iPhoto. (Saving as a JPEG and importing to iPhoto produces the same distortion as saving directly to iPhoto.) What’s wrong with this workaround is that the TIFF has to replace the original scan in iPhoto, in addition to being a pain.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on here?

John Varela
Trade NEW lamps for OLD for email.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections