MJ
Posted By
matthew_jackson
Jun 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, just bought elements 3. If I’m in iphoto, how do i use elements to edit pictures and save them in iphoto? Can someone kindly walk me through the steps? Many thanks, all.

Matthew

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MJ
matthew_jackson
Jun 2, 2005
Anybody have some tips?

Many thanks

M
MD
malcolm_denton
Jun 2, 2005
Matthew…..

I am only an occasional user of iPhoto,but a regular user of PSE.

I carry out all my photo editing in PSE,save the image to one of my photo folders,and then import into iPhoto from the folders.

This is probably not what you are looking for in the answer,but it might encourage others to come up with a smarter solution.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 2, 2005
Matthew,

I use iPhoto quite a lot and my workflow is edit in PSE2, save to a folder on the desktop then import into iPhoto.

It is possible to save directly back into iPhoto but its not a method I like … I think that its safer to import 🙂

Wendy
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 3, 2005
I prefer to make a duplicate, by dragging a photo out of the iPhoto frame onto my desktop, then just open it in PSE. This way you are using the best ones that you choose, and you automatically make a dupe when you drag it out.
I think its a safe way to work on a photo, close iPhoto when you have the ones taken out that you want to work on.
No mistakes can be made this way. You have all your originals sitting back in iPhoto. I prefer to always work on dupes. If you really want to, you can import one back into iPhoto, but I dont do that, iPhoto is for my originals only.
Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 3, 2005
I’m the other way round I keep my originals outside iPhoto and worked on duplicates in iPhoto. That way I can use things like the slide show facility on my corrected images ….

Wendy
SS
Susan_S.
Jun 3, 2005
The other alternative is to import all your photos into iphoto, then set up the iphoto preferences so that a double click will open into Elements. If you then just save the edited photo as a jpeg back where it came from it will then automatically be saved so that iphoto knows it is edited – you can always revert back to the original in iphoto at the click of a button.

In practice as I shoot RAW images I tend to download to another folder first, convert and edit the RAW files and then import just the edited file sinto iphoto, as most of the others seem to.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections