VC
Posted By
Vicki_Coles
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just down loaded Photoshop Elements "trial size". Tried to install and got the message "There were errors installing the software. Please try installing again." I down loaded again and tried installing again with same message.
Any hints? V

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TE
Thadobe_Endersadobe
May 16, 2005
Try to enter the following into the Terminal:

sudo bash

This will then ask you for your password…the command "sudo" gives you SUperuser capabilities to DO some freaky stuff for just a few minutes allowing you to easily type, or copy and paste, these exact three lines into the Terminal:

echo ‘echo $USER’ > /usr/bin/logname
chmod a+x /usr/bin/logname
exit

And for me the Elements installer ran very nicely thereafter. Make sure you use SINGLE QUOTES exactly as typed above.
JD
James_Dorrian
May 17, 2005
Same problem as Vicki: various attempts to download tryout onto 10.4 have failed to get past install command. Have tried ‘sudo’ and updated permissions, etc. I really think the software will be good, but would like to try first. No support from Adobe for freeware.
‘Mayday!’

James
JD
James_Dorrian
May 24, 2005
Thadobe – a million thanks: ‘sudo bash’ did the trick, after trying permissions, fsck, disc utlilty – the whole shebang. For anybody going this route, be ABSOLUTELY precise as regards spaces, etc.,

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections