Jo_Yoshida
Aug 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Error Creating File
1008.5,-34 The disk is full

I get the above error message and I know I have 7GB left in the install partition. The installer itself indicates about 300MB of free disk space is required.

I’ve tried repairing permissions, running DiskWarrior on the install partition but get the same error message.

Kinda frustrating considering I had no problems installing it on a Windows 2000 box.

Anyone have any other possible solutions or workarounds? THX!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 9, 2004
Jo,

1) Do you have another partition to try and determine whether it is a hardware or software problem?

2) I would also post at <http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?14@@> under your hardware and, in addition, the 10.3 forum.

If you try either or both could you let us know the results?

Carl
JY
Jo_Yoshida
Aug 9, 2004
Hi Carl, thanks for your suggestion. I tried installing it on another partition and I got the same error. This partition also had its permissions repaired and directory structure tuned with DiskWarrior yesterday.

It seems to balk at 69 files left to install.

It’s too bad I don’t have another Mac to see if it would install properly.

I haven’t posted anything at Apple Forums yet.

Cheers,
Jo
CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 12, 2004
Jo,

Another idea. I was reading MacAddict, August 04, p27. The reader had a problem exporting a picture from iPhoto-"the app tells me there’s not enough disk space. I know I have more than enough". The recommendation was to delete the iPhoto preference file. User name>Library>Preferences>com.apple.iPhoto.plist. In your case it would be- user name>Library>Preferences>com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist. After dragging to trash, try to install PSE again. Note, I do not recommend this as I have not done it. If it were me, I think I would give it a try. I think I have done similar things with other programs that were acting up and it corrected some.

Carl
JY
Jo_Yoshida
Aug 12, 2004
Hi Carl, thanks for your suggestion. No doubt trashing preference files is always an option when an app is acting up.

Yesterday I got through to tech support at Adobe. A guy told me to switch to another log in account with admin priveleges and try installing again. This time it got farther but it still complained several times about permission problems. I thought the install was a failure but after dismissing the alerts, the final one said the install was successful! I switched back to my regular account and PSE loaded fine. Of course I’m new to the app so I probably haven’t put it through its paces. Maybe some day I’ll try to use a particular function and it’ll balk because a particular module wasn’t installed initially. We’ll see.
JY
Jo_Yoshida
Aug 13, 2004
Just a follow up and maybe unrelated to this thread, but I the Save for Web and Attach to E-mail menu items are grayed out. I looked in the Plugins folder and there is no Save for Web plugin there. Does this install with PSE2? or was my installation incomplete and therefore these functions are disabled? THX, Jo
MR
Mark_Reibman
Aug 13, 2004
Use this instead of Save for Web until your problem is solved (hopefully)

Image>Resize>Image Resize

Email is buggy for all in Panther. Are you using iPhoto? Best for emailing.

It seems as if we have had the Save for Web problem before. I tried doing a search. Anyone else remember this issue?
BT
Bill_Treadway
Aug 13, 2004
I had the same problem in installing PSE on 10.3.4.
My solution was to set up a new account, install the software and then nuke the new account. If that works rthe account you are using has some pproblems and you’ll eventually want to move to the new ID.
Waiting for Steve to explain how this multiple user crap is a feature.
JY
Jo_Yoshida
Aug 14, 2004
Hi, thanks for everyone’s insight and suggestions. Well, I think I hit upon a winning combination. I erased PSE completely. Then I switched to my virgin user account which has admin priveleges. But this time, I repaired permissions before the install (something I forgot to do the first time). That did the trick. The install went smoothly and I got the above plugins properly loaded and functional in the app. So if there are installation problems, use or create a new user account (not sure if admin priveleges is needed though), repair permissions and then do the install.

Although I use iView Media Pro, I agree that iPhoto is better than PSE for attaching images to email. Does anybody know if it’s possible to attach more than one open image to an email using PSE? THX, Jo
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 14, 2004
Jo,

You can only attach one open image to an email if you use Elemtents to do it …. I just tend to use Apple Mail and attach as many as I want. Much simpler and easier.

Wendy
JY
Jo_Yoshida
Aug 14, 2004
Thanks Wendy, I think the reason why I prefer using iPhoto or PSE for that functionality is because if I have a 1MB jpg, these apps will automatically create a reduced-size/resolution copy of the image and send that rather than the original. This is crucial if the recipient only has a dial up connection. And if I have several huge pics to send, then iPhoto will do that for all of them with one click. Too bad PSE doesn’t though! Cheers, Jo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections