Key menu commands ghosting in PSE3 Trial (Mac OSX)

A
Posted By
amigojamie
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m just trying out Photoshop Elements 3, and randomly I have several menu items or commands and tool options that fail to work until I force quit and restart my computer!

Menu items such as Preferences, Quit Photoshop Elements, New, Close, Help…

I’m running Mac OS 10.3.9 with the Trial version.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I’m tempted to reinstall the software, however I fear that doing so may invalid the trial period and I’ll lose the remaining 29 days to try it out.

Thanks
Jamie

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 28, 2005
Have you repaired permissions lately, after you’ve installed PSE3 ? If not, I’d start with that.

Ray
LM
Lou_M
Apr 28, 2005
Jamie, is this the problem you’re having?

Martin Sammtleben, "Can’t use PSE 3.0 Mac if PDF graphic clip from OS X Preview is on the clipboard." #10, 2 Feb 2005 8:37 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/9>
A
amigojamie
Apr 28, 2005
Thanks Lou, yes that was the problem.

But I worked out that it was because I was copying and pasting in InDesign while I was PSE. Nothing to do with Preview, but must have something to do with PDF as if I copied an object the problem occured, and if I copied just a selected piece of text, then it would correct the problem.

I know the workaround now, but I shouldn’t have to be doing that!

Definately a bug that needs ironed out!

My specs are:

MacOS X 10.3.9, eMac 1.25GHz, 512Mb.
I’m using the Try Out version of Photoshop Elements 3.0×199.

Thanks
Jamie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections