RL
Posted By
Randy_Lagman
Jun 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a new hard drive for my dual-G4, and I installed OSX Panther and updated to v10.3.4. I first installed InDesign without incident, and ran the "downloadables" stuff from InDesign. In the middle of the download, I decided to stop the download and finish the other Adobe installs first. So I clicked on the Stop button, let the download manager stop the download, and then started the PE2 installation.

The main part of the install seemed to work, but the InstallVise installer calls a secondary InstallVise program — I think it’s for the US English dictionary. Anyway, that secondary installer hangs, which in turn hangs the main PE2 installer.

I have completely deleted the InDesign and PE installations (including all related files in the "Preferences" folders), and have even booted the Panther CD and ran "Repair Disk" and "Repair Permissions". No difference. that secondary installer hangs.

Any clues?

Randy Lagman

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SP
Steve_Petree
Jun 14, 2004
Delete the folder; MacHD:Library:Application Support:Adobe, and re-install. You would have to re-install other Adobe products as well.

This came to me via Adobe Tech Support for a similar problem, but it may work for you as well.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections