Photoshop CS3 extended error on Installation("A Problem occurred while extracting some file

KA
Posted By
Kaye_Amul
Jul 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having the same problem with Photoshop CS3, Dreamweaver CS3, and Fireworks CS3. I tried extracting the Photoshop CS3 using 7zip, but according to the diagnostic window of 7zip, 238 files are broken. What the hell Adobe??

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2008
I would defiantly not use any company’s "downloader application". get the file directly.
V
vbasic
Oct 10, 2008
Not sure if this is the same problem, but…

I was getting the same error message after I had unzipped the file. I wanted to install it in my ‘Programs’ folder however, this is when I got the message,

"A Problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder."

Eventually, I just let it unzip to the default location (desktop). After unzipping, I was able to see/use a second "setup.exe" file which allowed installation to anywhere I chose. All went well.

My problem was related to my not knowing that the first "setup" file was actually a file that still needed to be extracted. Kind of a 2-step extraction process..?

Again, not sure if this helps — just my experience with downloading and extracting the initial files.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections