N
Posted By
Nige
Oct 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Could anyone explain to me why the serial number (supplied by Adobe) doesn’t work when I try to start up Photoshop for the first time after installation of Creative Suite 3? I’ve spoken to Adobe who assure me the serial number is valid (though weren’t any use helping me sort out the problem).

When I entered the number for InDesign, the serial number worked fine – but not with Photoshop (or Illustrator, Dreamweaver or Flash etc…) The installation process appeared to go through without a hitch, but I can’t get any further with the registration process.

Could it be a problem with an earlier version of Photoshop on my machine (a Mac G5)? Unfortunately, I bought it second-hand, so I’ve no idea what was loaded on before and I didn’t carry out a clean install of
OSX.

Any help would be gratefully received…

Nigel Lord

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Rob
Oct 23, 2007
Nige wrote:

Could anyone explain to me why the serial number (supplied by Adobe) doesn’t work when I try to start up Photoshop for the first time after installation of Creative Suite 3? I’ve spoken to Adobe who assure me the serial number is valid (though weren’t any use helping me sort out the problem).

When I entered the number for InDesign, the serial number worked fine – but not with Photoshop (or Illustrator, Dreamweaver or Flash etc…) The installation process appeared to go through without a hitch, but I can’t get any further with the registration process.

Could it be a problem with an earlier version of Photoshop on my machine (a Mac G5)? Unfortunately, I bought it second-hand, so I’ve no idea what was loaded on before and I didn’t carry out a clean install of
OSX.

Nigel Lord

You sure that by entering the serial into your first program used, doesn’t activate the remainder?

This is what happened with Macromedia suit.
N
nomail
Oct 23, 2007
Rob wrote:

Nige wrote:

OSX.

Nigel Lord

You sure that by entering the serial into your first program used, doesn’t activate the remainder?

This is what happened with Macromedia suit.

Yes, that is how it should work with the CS3 suite as well. You only have to enter the serial number once for all programs.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections