CS2 installation problem "You must be logged in as an admin" but I am! Please help!

LK
Posted By
Lyle_Krannichfeld
Feb 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So everything installs fine, but after I put the serial in and click ‘register’ it gives me this message:

"you are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the proper privileges. Please log using an account with administrator privileges and try again."

Then it closes CS2.

I tried re-installing it three times, no dice. I tried even clicking to use the 30-day trial, same problem.

I triple checked it…I created another account with admin privileges, didn’t work. I restarted the computer, didn’t help. Switched back to my original admin account, didn’t work.

I’m running Vista, if that matters. Thanks so much for the help! I searched everywhere for the answer, and I give up!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 14, 2007
Try disabling UAC.

Bob
D
dave32knights
Mar 8, 2007
On Feb 13, 10:08 pm, wrote:
So everything installs fine, but after I put the serial in and click ‘register’ it gives me this message:

" youarenotallowedtocontinuebecauseyouraccountdoesnothavethepr operprivileges.Pleaselogusinganaccountwithadministratorprivi legesandtryagain. "

Then it closes CS2.

I tried re-installing it three times, no dice. I tried even clicking to use the 30-day trial, same problem.

I triple checked it…I created anotheraccountwith adminprivileges, didn’t work. I restarted the computer, didn’t help. Switched back to my original adminaccount, didn’t work.

I’m running Vista, if that matters. Thanks so much for the help! I searched everywhere for the answer, and I give up!

I have the same problem but with XP.
D
dave32knights
Mar 13, 2007
On Mar 8, 4:48 pm, wrote:
On Feb 13, 10:08 pm, wrote:

" youarenotallowedtocontinuebecauseyouraccountdoesnothavethepr operprivileges.Pleaselogusinganaccountwithadministratorprivi legesandtryagain. "

Then it closes CS2.

I triple checked it…I created anotheraccountwith adminprivileges, didn’t work. I restarted the computer, didn’t help. Switched back to my original adminaccount, didn’t work.

I have the same problem but with XP.

I uninstalled everything adobe and then reinstalled photoshop and everything was fine

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections