WG
Posted By
Welles_Goodrich
Sep 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am stymied! Trying to install CS2 (upgrade) on a new Mac Pro. PS7 installed just fine. PS CS2 gets to the Personalize window and, while entering my name and serial number, immediately shuts that window goes from install to finish and an error window appears which merely says, "There were errors installing the software. Please try again."

Has anyone an idea what the issue might be? (I checked FAQs and Googled to beat the band…)

Thanks,
Welles

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Sep 9, 2006
Make sure you have the latest Quicktime.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Sep 10, 2006
Buko,

You got it in one! Thank you so much. The peculiar thing is that Software Update indicated that all my software was up to date. Taking your advice, I went to the Apple Downloads and found an installer for QuickTime 7.1.2. After running the QT updater, Photoshop proceeded to install as expected.

I wonder if your advice is worth a FAQ? That’s a pretty obscure factoid and other people may run into the same issue.

Thanks again,
Welles
R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
I wonder if your advice is worth a FAQ?

There’s a "sticky" thread at the very top of the forum index page about QT and Intel Macs, Welles.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc04510>

It’s old enough to reference updating to QT 7.1.1, so you must have been on an even older (or corrupted) version of QT.
B
Buko
Sep 10, 2006
Glad that helped. I would think all new Macs would have QT7.1.2 loaded but maybe I should add it to the FAQs
P
PShock
Sep 10, 2006
Can’t remember if QT was part of the Software Updates that my Mac Pro went through, but it is 7.1.2.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections