EXC_BAD_ACCESS error when opening PS2 on Mac OSX 10.4-who’s problem is it?

KP
Posted By
Kim_Pheffer
Dec 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
About three weeks ago I got an error message when trying to open PS2 which said

"Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xcde25b88"

So I called Apple Care-they replaced my hard drive. I get my Mac back last night and go to open PS and I now get this error message:

"Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000"

So do I call Apple again or is this an Adobe issue? Should I reinstall PS2? All the other parts of Creative Suite run just fine. I’m irritated and confused and sadly not really savvy enough to know what’s going on. 🙁

thanks in advance!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 13, 2008
When Apple replaced your HD, did they or you, re-install the software that was on your old Drive?

If you made a clone of your old HD and copied it back, you probably brought back all of your old troubles with it!

I suggest that you remove CS2 entirely; then run Disk Warrior to repair all of your Dirctories and then do a fresh installation of CS2 from the original DVD.

Just be sure that you have saved any Actions and other personal Presets somewhere safely before trashing CS2.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 13, 2008
PS2? Photoshop 2? Photoshop CS2? Elements2 or something else?
KP
Kim_Pheffer
Dec 14, 2008
I’m sorry, PS from CS2. I just smooshed it together there.

Thank you Ann! I will try Disk Warrior! Apple reinstalled everything back from the old HD. I did remove CS2 and reinstalled just PS but got the same error message just now so yep-sounds like I brought my old problems along to the new drive. 🙁
R
Ram
Dec 14, 2008
Check your console logs to see if anything stands out.
B
Buko
Dec 14, 2008
see if PSCS2 works in a new user.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections