NH
Posted By
nicholas hall
Feb 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am wondering if anyone is successfully running Photoshop Elements 4 on windows vista (final).

The reason I am asking is because when I had it on my Vista RC2 system the program would install alright. It would start up alright. The organizer side would run alright. The thing that would not run right was the photo downloader.
If the pictures I needed transferred to my computer where JPG’s the downloader would transfer them without any problems, but if they where RAW files (cannon RAW files) the photo downloader could not see the said files. I had the latest RAW filter installed, but it made no difference.

So is there anybody out there that is running Photoshop Elements 4 on windows vista (final) with a 100% success rate?

NIK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

0303rma
Feb 11, 2007
nicholas hall schreef:
I am wondering if anyone is successfully running Photoshop Elements 4 on windows vista (final).

The reason I am asking is because when I had it on my Vista RC2 system the program would install alright. It would start up alright. The organizer side would run alright. The thing that would not run right was the photo downloader.
If the pictures I needed transferred to my computer where JPG’s the downloader would transfer them without any problems, but if they where RAW files (cannon RAW files) the photo downloader could not see the said files. I had the latest RAW filter installed, but it made no difference.
So is there anybody out there that is running Photoshop Elements 4 on windows vista (final) with a 100% success rate?

NIK

Nik,

Did you upgrate to Windows Vista from XP?
According to the computer magazine I am subscribed to, it is not possible to run PE 4 unless you install Windows Vista from scratch.

Roel
NH
nicholas hall
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks for the reply, and yes I did install vista from scratch.

I have not installed elements 4 yet on my computer, mainly due to the fact I could not get the photo downloader to see RAW files when it was running on my Vista RC2 system.
I am waiting to here from someone who is running vista final and ALL parts of the program are running fine (including the photo downloader and RAW files).

NIK

"0303rma" wrote in message
nicholas hall schreef:

NIK

Nik,

Did you upgrate to Windows Vista from XP?
According to the computer magazine I am subscribed to, it is not possible to run PE 4 unless you install Windows Vista from scratch.
Roel

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections