TK
Posted By
Tina_Kramer
May 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to put the stokes frame around a JPEG file. The frame is appearing but it can barely be seen. I have used this effect before without problem but this time the frame is barely noticable. I am using Adobe Photoshop elements. Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 12, 2005
Tina,

Just make sure that when you do "Stroke" you have the stroke set for "Inside" ..

if you are trying to do it on the whole image and it is set for outside then you are not going to see it.

Wendy
TK
Tina_Kramer
May 12, 2005
Wendy,
Where do I look to see if I have it set for inside or outside? Tina
NS
Nancy_S
May 12, 2005
Tina,

When you go Edit>Stroke, look at the "Location" box.
TK
Tina_Kramer
May 12, 2005
Nancy,
I went into edit>stroke and found it was set for center I changed that to inside. The pixels were set at 1 so I played with that changing it all the way up to 99. It did increase the size of the border but then I lost the strokes frame look. Now it is a smooth white frame.
Tina
NS
Nancy_S
May 12, 2005
Tina,

The stroked frame can be whatever color you desire. It will be the color of the "foreground" box at the bottom of the Tool Box. You can dictate the color, by several means.

1st method; Edit>Stroke and click on the "Color Box" and make adjustments in that dialog box.

2nd method; just click on the foreground color in the Tool Box and adjust

3rd method; open the "Swatches Palette" and click on a color.

There are more ways also.

edit—it is best to put this stoke on a new blank layer (above your image in the Layers Palette), this allows you to add some dimension to it (3d ish) by using a Style (like bevel and emboss)
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 12, 2005
Wendy and Nancy, there’s a little confusion here. I think Tina is talking about the Strokes frame under Effects>Frames, not using a stroke to create a border. 🙂
NS
Nancy_S
May 12, 2005
Oh, well then, I apologize for my misunderstanding of the question.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 12, 2005
…. and I misunderstood too 🙂

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 12, 2005
Tina,

The Strokes Frame is not something I have used … but I have just been checking it out and the size of the frame seems to vary with the size of the image … so the bigger the image the smaller the frame.

Also I can’t see a way to change it 🙁

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 12, 2005
You may want to take a look at the cookie cutter tool and select ‘ crop shapes’. After selecting a shape and then dragging it accross your image to give the desired effect you want then click on the checkmark at top of screen to commit the crop. You can then create a new layer below your image and fill it with white or whatever color you wish. The crop shapes are actually kind of neat to use this way.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections