Posted By
noel_hsu
Dec 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Newbie here.
In PE1, images from a D100 would have an image-size of 30×40"-ish. In PE2, it appears to default to 10×6.7". This is at the same resolution of 300. What am I doing differently to get this scaled down version, and how can I get PE2 to default to the ‘original’ size.
If this has been previously covered, please let me know. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 19, 2003
Noel, believe it or not, you’re getting exactly the same ‘original size’. The real size when you open the image in Elements is the pixel dimensions at the top of the Image>Resize>Image Size dialog box. I think you’ll find that it’s in the vicinity of 3072 pixels by 2048 pixels (your camera generates a 6 megapixel image – that’s about 3000 pixels by 2000 pixels, and that’s what PE sees). The size at the bottom of the page merely indicates the linear dimension in inches for a print made with the stated ppi. If you were to go back to PE1, I think you’d see that those 30 inch by 40 inch dimensions were associated with a ppi of 72. In PE2, with Resample unchecked (a good idea for most things you’ll do), try changing the ppi to 72 – I think you’ll see those big dimensions again. But again, the only meaningful measure until you go to print is/are the pixel dimensions – and I’ll bet they’re exactly the same in PE2 as they were in PE1!

p.s. Don’t ever try to print at 72 ppi – not good!

Chuck
JH
Jim_Hess
Dec 20, 2003
Oh Oh! Here we go adain! 🙂 🙂 🙂
NH
noel_hsu
Dec 22, 2003
Chuck, thank you for enlightening me!
You are indeed correct.
A Merry Christmas to you!
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 23, 2003
Noel, a very Merry Christmas to you also!
🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections