How to change default window size for File > Open ?

CS
Posted By
chutima_subsirin
Oct 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have to use CS2 open multiple-files at one time. I notice that it always opened at size = 16.67%. Then I have to manually enlarge them to 20% for size that can usable.

How can I setup size = 20% as default for File > Open?

Thanks,
Chutima S.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Oct 28, 2005
The view when you open a file is 100% or a preset percentage that is large as possible while showing you the whole image. If your files were bigger or smaller you would see a different percentage upon opening.

FYI <ctrl + > and <ctrl – > will enlarge and reduce the view quite easilly
EZ
Earl_Zubkoff
Oct 28, 2005
If you don’t need your tools and palettes right away, you can clear them out of the way (hit the Tab key) before you open the files. They’ll open in bigger windows, since they have more workspace available.
RK
Ronald Keller
Oct 29, 2005

You can’t.
It’s only possible to open at 100% (Actual Pixels) or Fit on Screen automatically by making an Action and putting it in the Scripts Events Manager…
Ronald
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 29, 2005

In CS2, you could create an action to size the image display and set this action to be run automatically when you open an image.
RK
Ronald Keller
Oct 30, 2005
Michael,

action to size the image display

Not arguing here, just curious because I don’t know how to record a zoom percentage other than 100% or Fit screen …

Regards,
Ronald
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 30, 2005
Hmm… you’re right. Can one use a script to set the zoom? If so, you could set the zoom script to run when an image is opened.
JB
John_Bean_UK
Oct 30, 2005
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:22:30 -0700, "Ronald Keller" wrote:

I don’t know how to record a zoom percentage other than 100% or Fit screen

You can always record an action that zooms to 100% then
zooms in or out by a fixed number of steps. You won’t get 20% for example, but you can easily get (say) 25%.

John Bean

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections