How do I automate image sizes to a square thumb?

J
Posted By
Jeanne
May 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I have a range of images in different sizes that I need to resize to a perfect 128 x 128px square thumb for web. Is there an automate action that will do this while constraining proportions and centering on the image? I’ve tried ‘Image Fit’ but it constrains the original image and won’t force a square. Logically, this is probably not possible through an automate process is it? I’d have to resize each image individually? I have about 800 images to process, so a quick fix would be ideal? Jeanne

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
toby
May 1, 2009
On Apr 30, 8:26 pm, Jeanne wrote:
Hi,
I have a range of images in different sizes that I need to resize to a perfect 128 x 128px square thumb for web. Is there an automate action that will do this while constraining proportions and centering on the image? I’ve tried ‘Image Fit’ but it constrains the original image and won’t force a square. Logically, this is probably not possible through an automate process is it? I’d have to resize each image individually? I have about 800 images to process, so a quick fix would be ideal? Jeanne

You can follow the Fit Image (128×128) operation with a Canvas Size 128×128 choosing to centre the image.
C
CB
May 1, 2009
"Jeanne" wrote in message
Hi,

Record (and name) the actions ‘resize’ and ‘save into dir’ on one of the images.

go file>batch file>pick the action you named

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections