JB
Posted By
James_Benstead
Aug 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I must be being really stupid, but I can’t find out how to change the length of a line I’ve drawn in PS using the line tool. Can anyone help me out?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TB
The Bobert
Aug 9, 2008
In article ,
wrote:

I must be being really stupid, but I can’t find out how to change the length of a line I’ve drawn in PS using the line tool. Can anyone help me out?

/ \ | –Mgt. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | –|
| | | |___ –|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*– _–\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

A crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Bob in Central California
DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 9, 2008
Did you draw it as a shape layer, as a path, or as pixels?

In any case, use the Transform command.
P
Phosphor
Aug 9, 2008
Which type of line did you draw?

Filled pixels, Shape Layer or Path?

If filled pixels, then it’s just like with any other pixels—you have to erase them, or or make a selection and delete them.

If you created your line as a Shape Layer or as a plain path, they are both defining the line as vector elements. If you look very closely, you’ll see that the line is actually a thin rectangle-shaped path—a box—if you will.

In this case you can use the Path Selection Tool to select two of the anchor points and move them manually, or you can select the entire path and then use the Transform Path function (Command + T) and input values in the Options Bar to transform the points numerically.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections