How to change CS’s File Open dialog thumbnails display?

SK
Posted By
Sigal_Kolton
Dec 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

In Photoshop CS file open dialog display defaults to thumbnails view, no matter how many times I change it to my preferred list view, the next time I use it it’s back again to thumbnail view. Does anyone know a fix or a way around this behaviour?

TIA,

Sigal.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
James_Mahood
Dec 18, 2003
Sigal,

I noticed this too. This is ironic because Adobe has decided to discontinue supplying PSICON.DLL which is required to display the icons in the Open window. One team says we must have thumbnails and the other team says we can’t make it work and we aren’t going to try any more.

Jim
SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 18, 2003
You’ll be far better off learning to use the File Browser to open files. If we could have solved the psicon.dll problems, we would have.

-Scott
RM
Rick Moore
Dec 18, 2003
What are the chances making the File Browser a self-contained program? Two major strikes against it: Need Photoshop open first and you can’t move the darned thing out of the way
JM
James_Mahood
Dec 18, 2003
Actually I am using the new file browser in Photoshop CS and it is much better. I like the file information including the camera information that is transferred from the NEF files. It is a great improvement.

Where I miss the thumbnails is in the Place window in InDesign CS.

I strongly agree with Derrik, why not make the File Browser a self contained program. I tried having Photoshop and InDesign open but they get slow because I only have 512 meg or RAM. Also why not put the Photoshop browser in InDesign rather, or in addition to, the Place window. The File Browser in Photoshop would be easier to use if it were an independant window rather then a child window. That way I could drag it to my second monitor like the tool windows and keep it on top.

Jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections