LV
Posted By
Laura_Velez
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to install PSE3 without the organizer? or is there a way to turn it off?

Thanks in advance,

Laura

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 2, 2005
Laura,

There is no option to install without Organizer but it apparently has been shut down. See this original thread:

Jeffrey Seidel, "How Do I Keep PSE 3.0 and Organizer From ‘Interacting’?" #3, 3 Dec 2004 10:50 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>

And this follow-up:

Jeffrey Seidel, "Disable PSE 3 – Organizer" #7, 12 Dec 2004 9:07 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/6>

And save some resources from this FAQ:

Jim JΓΌtte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

If the reason you want to get rid of it is a performance problem or it’s tendency to take over your PC the last link will handle that and let you keep Organizer’s functionality.

Bob
CW
Colin_Walls
May 2, 2005
Or you can just ignore it. But why …
BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2005
"Or you can just ignore it. But why …"

Because some of us are just control freaks, Colin, and don’t really have a desire to have a piece of software do all of our thinking for us. You know, as you age, it’s recommended that you continue to challenge your mind to stave off the effects of senile dementia. Managing my own image files without an organizer gives my little brain all kinds of exercise. πŸ™‚
CW
Colin_Walls
May 2, 2005
Beth

I assume ignoring it isn’t a problem to you …

I despair of this "control" thing. Organizer doesn’t control you – you control it. The problem with organizing many thousands of images is a matter of scale [there are so many!] and dimensions [the categorization of images is typically a 5-6 dimensional problem]. If you don’t need Organizer or anything suchlike, that’s fine with me. To reject the very idea of it or similar tools is Luddite.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections