TC
Posted By
Trevor_Clarkson
Apr 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Photoshop Elements 5.0.2 under Microsoft Vista Ultimate Edition. The Vista is maintained to the latest level.

In Photoshop Elements Organiser —-

Open a catalog.
Go to Catalog / Save As and save the current catalog under a new name.

The program then hangs with a "Not Responding" message and I have to kill it.

If I restart the program still pointing to the newly saved catalog then it also hangs.

If I double click on the original catalog to start the program then everything is OK.

The same problem occurs if I run Photoshop Elements in "Administrator" mode. (Run as Administrator).

It does not matter whether the catalog is large or small.

If I use Windows Explorer to copy and rename the Catalog and its associated Catalog Folder then everything works fine. (This is my work round for now).

For additional testing I also tried the same experiments under Windows XP Professional and there were no problems.

Has anyone any ideas what may be going on ?
Is it a bug ?

Regards

Trevor Clarkson

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 15, 2007

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections