not enough RAM on windows XP wityh free trial version of Adobe photoshop elements

NA
Posted By
Nicole_Arakas
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not enough RAM on Windows XP , Trying out the trial version of adobe photo shop elements. .. Should i even bother purchasing .. what can i do?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 11, 2004
What’s happening that’s causing you to post this? What kind of system do you have – meaning processor/speed, amount of RAM, and amount of free hard drive space? Getting this message doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t get Elements to run. In fact, any computer than can handle Win XP should be able to handle Elements, too. More info, please.
DS
Dick_Smith
Aug 11, 2004
Nicole,

I little more info might help with an answer. How much RAM do you have presently?

I have used PSE2 on an XP PC with 256mb with little difficulty. It works better now that I have 512 but that’s my limit on this machine.

Dick
B
BobHill
Aug 11, 2004
Nicole,

Most often memory problems with today’s machines are due to not Defraging your working/cache hard drives. Even though XP and newer operating systems don’t need it (they say) for their cache use, Adobe products do require a relatively open freespace which is what a Defrag does, if you have the freespace to begin with, which again, most systems today do have.

Bob
RH
Ron Hunter
Aug 16, 2004
wrote:

Not enough RAM on Windows XP , Trying out the trial version of adobe photo shop elements. .. Should i even bother purchasing .. what can i do?

Simple answer. BUY MORE RAM! It is about the cheapest upgrade for the most benefit you can buy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections