Photoshop Elements 2.0 windows xp, Lexmark 700, computer 512MGB ram. HP computer

AM
Posted By
Alvin_McMasters
May 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The program loads ok and the software runs. But when I attempt to open either the "DOCUMENTS FOLDER" OR "WINDOWS EXPLORER", the folder or explorer will flash on the computer for a second, then return to windows desktop. I have also tried the custom installation and only installed the main two programs, but the problem still exists.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 27, 2004
Since no one has posted a specific answer may I suggest a re-install of elements using the technique described here:

<http://www.delorme.com/support/install.asp>

I’ve never had a faulty install of any software when I do it this way.

Does Windows Explorer come back when you uninstall Elements? If so it would be a good idea to delete everything that the uninstall leaves behind. If not, I would boot into safe mode and clean everything up before the re-install.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections