GJ
Posted By
Graham_Jacks
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
according to the book, if "resize windows to fit" is checked, or if the Preference "keyboard zoom resizes windows" is checked, when you alter the size of your image, (by zooming, or by keyboard) the window alters too. That doesn’t happen for me. It doesn’t matter whether I check or uncheck these options, the only way I can change the size of the window is by dragging its corner.

Am I doing something wrong? or have I misunderstood "the book"?

I will say this: if I make the image larger than the window, the window develops scroll bars, so clearly it knows something is happening. I really want to get the window to shrink when I shrink the picture.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 29, 2004
Graham,

What happens when you choose the magnifier glass in the Tool Box and click inside the image? It should increase in size, centered at the point where you clicked. What happens if you use the Control Key and the plus sign on the keyboard, does it enlarge?
TF
Terri_Foster
Aug 29, 2004
Graham,

The difference between checking an unchecking the box is that with the box checked the window (frame) surrounding the photo increases and decreases in size along with the photo. With the box unchecked, the box stays the same…only the photo changes size. (The space around the photo inside the box will have a gray matt when you shrink the photo with resize window unchecked.) I think most people check the resize box during normal photo editing. Unchecking the box can be helpful when applying transformations such as distort and perspective. Yes, both options will have scroll handles if magnification causes the size to be too big to fit the view area. Basically, the size of the photo and magnification determine the size on the screen. You can also have a second view of your photo in your workspace by going to View menu and selecting New View. You can scale both views independently. Work on one, reference the other.

Terri
GJ
Graham_Jacks
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks for your replies, Nancy and Terri. The problem seems to have gone away now, so I expect I was doing something wrong without realizing it. Happy ending this time! Graham

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections