LL
Posted By
Lawrence_Lamb
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed Photoshop Elements 3.0, rebooted, and my CD and DVD burners disappeared. In the Device Manager, they are shown but without drivers. I tried the registry fix listed on the Adobe knowledgebase but it didn’t fix the problem. When I revert the registry back to the previous version, the CD and DVD drives work fine, but PSE doesn’t. Is there a way to get this software to work without making drives unusable?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
May 16, 2005
Lawrence,

I don’t have any first-hand experience with this trouble, so only offer this as something you may wish to rule out…

Does the FAQ topic "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." offer any help?

Byron
LL
Lawrence_Lamb
May 16, 2005
Byron,

Thanks. I tried turning off both the Adobe and Photoshop services, then restarted. It didn’t change anything. I restored my system to before the PSE install and the drives showed back up and worked normally. I reinstalled PSE and ran into the same problem. Looks like it’s going back to Micro Center. I haven’t purchased Adobe products for years (I only have PhotoDeluxe 2 because it came with a printer or camera) because I always had problems with installation or conflicts with devices. I rarely have problems like this with any other vendor’s software, and they usually have a patch to download or something safer than changing the registry manually. The worst part is the knowledgebase doesn’t say anything about what to do if the registry changes don’t work, only to revert to the old file before the changes were made.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 16, 2005
Lawrence,
Recently I recommended the DeLorme technique to someone who had a troublesome installation. He reported back that it worked for him. You may want to consider this:

<http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>

Ken

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections