P
Posted By
pingvuiini
Mar 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS4 and CS3 on my computer, but I would rather use CS3 due to all the glitches with CS4. However, Adobe seems to have made it so that when you click on CS3 it still launches CS4. Even if you set CS3 as the default in the file info window it still launches CS4. Is the only way to get CS3 to launch anymore by completely removing CS4?? Or is there some other way?? Any info appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
J_Maloney
Mar 25, 2009
Launch CS3 on startup. Then you should be able to pretty seamlessly use CS3 like old times. I worked this way for a few months waiting for the dot release.

Even if you set CS3 as the default in the file info window it still launches CS4.

I’ve NEVER been able to make this work properly with PS. People talk about it all the time, but I think they lie. 🙂
GB
g_ballard
Mar 25, 2009
when you click on CS3 it still launches CS4. Even if you set CS3 as
the default in the file info window it still launches CS4.

that’s not normal behavior (I am doing the same thing here avoiding CS4)

have you tried doing normal routine system maintenance and rebooting

Disk Utility (Repaid Permissions, Repair Disk), Cocktail (Cron scripts), New User (rule out corrupted preferences)
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 25, 2009
As far as I know this behavior is not an Adobe thing. If you have multiple versions of an app, the system default is to launch the most current one when you click on a file, and assuming that the app is not running.

If you launch the older version first (via the Dock, alias or by clicking on the application icon, it should launch). Then when you click on the file you wish to work on, it will open in that version. Alternately, you should be able to launch the older version and the file in one step by touching the file to the older application version’s icon. All subsequent files you wish to open after that should open normally in the older application version.

Neil
R
Ram
Mar 26, 2009
if you launch the older application version first (via the Dock, an alias or by directly clicking on the application icon), it should launch that version.

It does, every time. 😀

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections