PZ
Posted By
Patricia_Zeleny
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have finally found the solution for this problem on my computer and I hope it will help others with this problem. I kept getting and error message whenever i would try click on tutorials or trying to get help within the program. It would say make sure internet address is correct. I called Aol and they said they use Internet Explorer and the lastest version did nothing to our computer but guess what! They were wrong! I went into Control Panel , Internet options, Programs and then selected "Reset Web Settings" this will reset Internet Explorer as the default. Photoshop tutorials and help works just fine now. I have Windows XP Home Edition and Aol 9.0 just for yur information. I hope this saves you alot of time. I tried to call for help from Photoshop tech service but all they wanted to do is charge me for any help and would not give me any support unless I gave them a credit card number. I told them I just purchased this software today and I would not pay for help I should get free of charge! This should be a easy fix for them to know, which they probably do but were not willing to help me out unless I paid them.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JPWhite
May 18, 2004
thanks for sharing your fix for this problem with us all, someone else out there may have the same problem.

As for pay only support, this is a troubling trend with computer companies. At first all support was free, then they began restricting free support to the first call only or installation problems only. Now it’s pay for everything, even installation problems which in my opinion is next to criminal.

Email support is next to useless, you normally get automated or boiler plate responses it seems they don’t have the time to read ones emails. I did recently get a nice surprise from SMC regarding a wireless card of theirs. The human responded to my email first time and had obviously actually read my trouble shooting steps and taken it from there. I was amazed. Chalk one up for SMC!

User to User forums are the best solution these days, you typically get a kinder and quicker response.

Thanks again for sharing your solution.

JP
JW
John_Wallbank
May 22, 2004
Thank you, Patricia – I’ve been having the same problem and your solution worked a treat! All the best, John W

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections