JP
Posted By
James_Parenti
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there – I’m having a little problem with CS; when I click on the Foreground/Background color swatches in the toolbox to bring up the color picker, whichever tool I’m using switches to the eyedropper tool and then the application becomes unresponsive. I tried starting a new document and using the eyedropper tool first to select a new color. Again, it worked until I clicked on those two swatches . As far as I can tell, all the other tools and Photoshop functions seem to work okay, and I am able to select different colors using the color slider and swatch dialogue boxes. Any suggestions?

Jim Parenti

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
May 12, 2004
First thing I do if photoshop act goofy is trash the prefs.
P
Phosphor
May 12, 2004
Sounds like your Color Picker window is off screen.

Bump your monitor up to its highest resolution and see if you can grab a title bar and move it back to the center of your screen.

If that doesn’t work reset your preferences, following the instructions here: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm>
JP
James_Parenti
May 13, 2004
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Sure enough, I plugged my second monitor back in and there it was. Thanks again – Jim Parenti

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections