SN
Posted By
Skibodeau_Nauthique
Jul 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I only have fontbook and it does seem to create a problem.

It looks like photoshop doesn’t care if the fonts are activated or not.

I’ve got about 2000 fonts which are all disabled in fontbook but I can use them in photoshop.

Anyone else?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NT
Nini Tj
Jul 29, 2008
Skibodeau…
It all depends on where your fonts are located on your machine. If you have fonts installed by Adobe Suites into Adobes own font folder (Macintosh HD/Appliction Support/ Adobe /Fonts ) no font management application will manage those as they are not seen by any font manager. Suites pre CS3 installed fonts there by default.

(And why on earth would you need 2000 fonts active for anythign by the way?)
SN
Skibodeau_Nauthique
Jul 30, 2008
Nope, the fonts were in a folder I named "fonts 2" in (Macintosh HD/library) and no I don’t wan’t all 200 of them to be active. I had disabled them all in fontbook but they were still available in photoshop. It looked like it sucked a lot of juice…

But it just seems like I fixed the problem. I enabled them all and then re-disabled them again and now they’re gone from photoshop.

weird.

Thank you anyway!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 30, 2008
FontAgent Pro can be directed to any folder on the computer to load the fonts that are contained there and will then manage them.

That said, I removed just about all of the fonts a long time ago from Macintosh HD/Library / Application Support/ Adobe /Fonts / Reqrd/ Base
except for the few basics which certain Adobe programs must have available (like Myriad).

More recently, Adobe installs its fonts in a different folder: Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts.

If you don’t want that lot showing up in Photoshop’s font menu, either remove them from that folder or put that folder under FAP’s control.

The other fonts that I never use, and which clutter Adobe’s font menus, are a bunch of Asian fonts. They are installed in System/Library/Fonts (which is an area that we are advised never to touch) but I removed the Asian fonts from there and there have been no repercussions — so far!
R
Ram
Jul 30, 2008
FontAgent Pro can be directed to any folder on the computer to load the fonts that are contained there and will then manage them.

And that includes pointing it to your entire boot volume as a whole, in which case FAP will find and manage any font that is in any subfolder, anywhere.
NT
Nini Tj
Jul 30, 2008
Skibodeau,
that proves it was the old font cache problem in work again. All Adobe apps have problems with that. If you frequently move font around (and/or activate/reactive them) it is a good idea to just as frequently kill your font caches (which can be done in several different ways – what you did in FontBook normally does just that).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections