C
Posted By
carlyn
Jun 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photo of three dogs playing but their eyes are reflecting back the flash so they appear silvery-white. I was trying to use the redeye feature to replace the white with dark brown or black so the dogs aren’t so "alien" looking. How do I do this? Nothing was working for me.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
MCC
Jun 14, 2006
On 14 Jun 2006 07:46:18 -0700, Mrs. B. wrote:

I have a photo of three dogs playing but their eyes are reflecting back the flash so they appear silvery-white. I was trying to use the redeye feature to replace the white with dark brown or black so the dogs aren’t so "alien" looking. How do I do this? Nothing was working for me.

Thanks.

The red-eye tool only works on the colour red and so won’t work on your dogs’ discoloured eyes.
Try making a selection of the areas you want to change and then experiment with the ‘hue and saturation’ controls.
HTH

MCC
M
Meggie
Jun 14, 2006
I use Elements 3 mainly and Paint Shop Pro 7 for one or two things which Elements cannot do. Removing animal red eye is one of the things I use PSP for. The red eye tool has animal or human red eye options. I think PSP7 could be picked up fairly cheaply now and you may consider it worth it if you regularly take flash photos of animals.

"Mrs. B." wrote in message

Thanks.
JS
James Silverton
Jun 14, 2006
MCC wrote on Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:01:15 +0100:

??>> I have a photo of three dogs playing but their eyes are ??>> reflecting back the flash so they appear silvery-white. I ??>> was trying to use the redeye feature to replace the white ??>> with dark brown or black so the dogs aren’t so "alien" ??>> looking. How do I do this? Nothing was working for me. ??>>
??>> Thanks.

M> The red-eye tool only works on the colour red and so won’t M> work on your dogs’ discoloured eyes.
M> Try making a selection of the areas you want to change and M> then experiment with the ‘hue and saturation’ controls. M> HTH

It is OT I suppose but I also own Paint Shop 9 that I bought very cheaply with the introduction of Paint Shop X. This has an "animal eye" setting in its red eye panel that can work quite well. In Elements, you could zoom in and replace the color in the appropriate pixels

James Silverton.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections