DG
Posted By
David G House
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI Guys!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m back from Pinelands… missed all of ya… 😀 I managed to fill up my 16, 128 and 256 CF Cards.. although the weather did not cooperatte every day I did manage to get a little tanned, bitted by bugs, ate and drank far too much (if there is such a thing :))…

If you like to see some of my images (not all pages are filled.. more comming)… please go to

<http://www.freewebs.com/pinelands>

thanks all

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Jul 13, 2004
David,

I feel refreshed just seeing the photos!! Why is it your "final year"?

Thanks,

Byron
DS
Dick_Smith
Jul 13, 2004
Nice pix, David. Why is this the last year? And, where is Pinelands?

Dick
DG
David G House
Jul 13, 2004
Hi Bryon…

oooops I forgot to explain that part… I was meaning to… well the resort itself.. (the big building seen in the firt image) is 100 yrs old this summer… and has never been winterised.. there is no insulation, no furnace, the basement foundation is orginal and the roof needs to be replaced…. the owners had the engineeing ppl look at it for restoration but the cost is 3 times building new… so its going Condo… and at 115K per unit and $2500/annual for maintenance for 5 weeks/year (which I don’t get in holiday anyway) .. we’ve decided to take that entire bunch to Severn Lodge next year.. the families have been going to Pinelands for 11 + years and it was a sad ending to what was a grand old building and a wonderful location…

David
DG
David G House
Jul 13, 2004
Dick….

Pinelands.. Is on Lake Joseph near Port Carling in North Ontario Cnaada…

David
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jul 13, 2004
Nice pics, David. We have been to Severn Lodge a couple of times at Thanksgiving and enjoyed it very much.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 13, 2004
Sunset from the beach… Lovely colours!!!

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 13, 2004
David, thank you for sharing those images. It brought a nice forgotten feeling to me….. ‘Peace and love’.
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jul 26, 2004
First Grant in Algonquin, David in Muskoka, now me and family at a rented cottage near Bon Echo Provincial Park. Canadians getting back to nature? In truth, our 5 days were spent mostly sleeping, reading, [over]eating and playing ‘Hearts’. But I did manage to spend a few DEET-less minutes battling mosquitoes and snapping some pics around the cottage. I figure I got about 3 bites per picture. 🙂

<http://www.pbase.com/burnettjn/cottagelife>
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 26, 2004
John, those are absolutely breathtaking ! Now i have to go look that park up !
J
jhjl1
Jul 26, 2004
From seeing the photos I would say every bite was worth it. Very nice work.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
"John_Burnett_ (JNB)" <@adobeforums.com> wrote in message
to spend a few DEET-less minutes battling mosquitoes and snapping some pics around the cottage. I figure I got about 3 bites per picture. 🙂
<http://www.pbase.com/burnettjn/cottagelife>
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 26, 2004
John

Wonderful photographs and you did the area justice. Now advice from a life long wilderness canoeist, never ever go into Ontario’s bush in June or July. I am amazed that you came out sane, the little buggers are enough to drive anyone bonkers.

Grant
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 26, 2004
Wow John,

Those are absolutely beautiful images.

(If you’re visiting his gallery, click ‘vote for this gallery’ as this should really be in the pbase popular galleries IMHO)
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
Jul 26, 2004
Thank you, all.

Grant, the timing was chosen by committee – my wife’s extended family was having a get-together, with most of them camping at Bon Echo. A couple of the older (wiser) siblings eschewed the campsite in favour of the rented cottage 10 minutes away (3-bedroom, 2 bath, laundry facilities, equipped kitchen – hardly a ‘cottage’).

Our teenage daughter chose to join her cousins in the tents for about three days before coming back to the cottage for ‘treatment’. Her body chemistry is such that she is targeted by mosquitoes and each bite swells up into a large nasty lump. It took a course of 14 hours straight sleep, 3 antihistimines, cortizone cream, and Aveeno bath salts to reduce the swelling/itching and return her to some semblance of normality.

All of the campers dropped by the rented cottage for lunch on their way home. I think next year’s "jamboree" might have a different plan. 🙂
DG
David G House
Jul 26, 2004
Hey John….

Very nice Images…. looks like you had wonderful views, we found the lil bittin’ critters to be abundant this year as well…. although we didn’g get into the nature trail mush as there were baby bears sited in the area and we know what would happen if mama were close by…

David
NS
Nancy_S
Jul 26, 2004
John,

Your images are lovely, great composition.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections