Keyboard zoom functionality has changed?? Can I change it back??

E
Posted By
elliottlemberger
Mar 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS4, they seem to have changed how the keyboard zoom works, and this SUCKS!! I am so frustrated because the way it worked before had become a part of my workflow. Is there any way to change this anywhere, or if Adobe reps are on this forum can this become a requested feature?

The way I’ve worked for years is having the preference to resize windows when using keyboard zoom turned on.

This would resize windows when I hit Command + or -. The cool thing was, I could also hit Command-Option-0, to set my document to its actual size without resizing the window. I can’t explain why, but this has always worked really well for me.

Now, when I hit Command Option 0, it sets my document to its actual size, but if it’s a large document, it also resizes the window to fill my screen, which creates a big pain in the butt when I have other documents open that I also want to be visible.

So I basically have to keep manually resizing my windows after hitting Command Option 0, which is driving me batty.

Am I the only nut that is derailed by this change of functionality!!?? Is there any option to fix this? I know I can disable zoom resizing windows in the prefs, but that also throws off my workflow.

Aarrggghhh……

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DR
David_Remington
Mar 31, 2009
you can change this the general prefs. Uncheck "zoom resizes windows". I think it has always been like this.

–David
VS
Vee S
Mar 31, 2009
I think that it has always been like this.

I had this issue when I first started using CS4 and it definitely hasn’t always been like this in previous versions I’ve used.

I know I can disable zoom resizing windows in the prefs, but that also throws off my workflow.

How so? I’d imagine this would simply get you back on track.
B
Buko
Mar 31, 2009
You can change this in the general prefs. Uncheck "zoom resizes windows". I think that it has always been like this.

Yes it has, zoom resizes windows is on by default.
R
Ram
Mar 31, 2009
Yes, it has. I can confirm that.
VS
Vee S
Apr 1, 2009
Yes it has, zoom resizes windows is on by default.

This was the case in previous versions of Photoshop? I assumed the OP was coming from a previous version so this preference may be entirely new, no?
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2009
Zoom resizes the Windows in CS4 too.

Zoom has always resized windows as a default setting.

the OP at some point changed that pref and forgot.
VS
Vee S
Apr 1, 2009
Zoom resizes the Windows in CS4 too.

Zoom has always resized windows as a default setting.

the OP at some point changed that pref and forgot.

Ok, I don’t remember this being on by default in other previous versions but maybe that’s because they were PC (which is where the OP might’ve been coming from).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections