Posted By
B
Apr 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings all once again!!

For too long now I have been resizing using ACDSee set to 15%.

However this causes blurring of the picture.

I have never found a simple way to batch resize a wedge of panoramas in PS CS2 to give a simple reducing in file size to match the ACDSee one.

Is there such a weapon??

Keith J Chesworth

www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
www.amerseyferry.co.uk – updated 11/06

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Apr 9, 2007
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:30:24 +0100, BoilerBill found these unused words floating about:

I have never found a simple way to batch resize a wedge of panoramas in PS CS2 to give a simple reducing in file size to match the ACDSee one.

Is there such a weapon??

Keith J Chesworth
I have no idea what a "wedge of panoramas" is …

but batch reSAMPLING is easily done with PS using the IMAGE SIZE mode and percentage.

You will ‘soften’ the image as one pixel is now doing the ‘work’ (at your %) of 6. Try a light application of UNSHARP MASK.
B
B
Apr 9, 2007
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 08:18:32 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:30:24 +0100, BoilerBill found these unused words floating about:

Is there such a weapon??

Keith J Chesworth
but batch reSAMPLING is easily done with PS using the IMAGE SIZE mode and percentage.

You will ‘soften’ the image as one pixel is now doing the ‘work’ (at your %) of 6. Try a light application of UNSHARP MASK.

Would copious quantities of stitched images be more to your understanding?

The last batch or wedge are now sitting at
alt.binaries.pictures.scenic

Thanks for the pointer.

Keith J Chesworth

www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
B
B
Apr 9, 2007
wrote:

Is there such a weapon??

Keith J Chesworth

OK I’m a Divvi, forgot that I can change from pixels to %

K

www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk
J
jaSPAMc
Apr 9, 2007
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:03:04 +0100, BoilerBill found these unused words floating about:

wrote:

Is there such a weapon??

Keith J Chesworth

Would copious quantities of stitched images be more to your understanding?

Yup! Batch, lot, pile, group … but never heard of ‘wedge’ being used in this manner … cheese! <G>
The last batch or wedge are now sitting at
alt.binaries.pictures.scenic
J
Joe
Apr 9, 2007
BoilerBill wrote:

Is there such a weapon??

I dunno what type of weapon (WMD?) you are looking for, and resizing never been my cup of tea, but years ago I tried once with older ACDSee and I do remember it not only gave option to set the SIZE but also option to set the Compression Quality.

Yup! it was super quick alright, and it even gave option to generate Web Slideshow etc.. IOW, you may wanna learn more of what option it has to offer then go from there.

Keith J Chesworth

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections