JH
Posted By
Jennifer_Hamilton
Apr 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi- I am trying to resize photos from my digital camera onto a web site for an avatar. The pixels have to be less than 80 and the overall image has to be smaller than 10kb. I can get the pixels done- but I cannot resize the image below 10 kb without making the pixels under10 and thus- the image pracically diappears! Can someone please tell me how to resize an image for a web site and make it under 10kb! Thank you so much! I have been at thias all night! 🙁 I am sure it is something easy and I am just missing it!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GD
Grant_Dixon
Apr 4, 2004
Jennifer have you tried going to the main menu > File > > Save for Web then using jpg compression? There is a slider for the value of compression. In the lower left of the finished image previews it will tell you the size of the final file.

Grant
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 4, 2004
Jennifer,

You might experiment with saving it as a GIF. If the image doesn’t have too many colours (GIF only supports 256 colors), this might be acceptable.

Else, if JPG is absolutely necessary, lower the quality, under the Save For Web dialog box. My guess is that an Avatar doesn’t need the same output quality as picture destined to be printed.

Using the Save For Web dialog box, you’ll be able to both resize the image, lower the quality and learn what the output size in Kb will be. This command is located under File / Save For Web.

Also, you might consider cropping the image, and keeping only what the most important thing centered. This will reduce the size before you attempt to save it using the Save For Web command.

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections