How to stictch artwork photo back to one?

RA
Posted By
Richard_A._Ross
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I place alignment markers in grid on the original in a grid (like those NASA space picture) and photograph the original in overlapping tile fashion. I bring all the images into one large canvas in PS, each on a separate layer. Now I need to line up the alignment markers on adjacent tiles images. Is is there some way to tell Photoshop to align point A,B on layer X with point C,D on layer Y? Short of just by eye ball, I mean.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jan 9, 2004
mmmm… No. Although it would be a fine feature. You should post this in the Feature Request section on this list.

Try a dedicated stitching program such as PTAssembler.

A faster eyeball method would be to put the top layer in Difference mode and align it manually with the markers on the layer beneath in high magnification – a 100% overlap will turn the markers completely black. Then, when aligned, put it back in normal mode.

Mathias

(I know I recommend this software a lot on this list – let me assure you I am not affiliated with Max Lyons or PTAssembler, just a fan, and for $29, you cant really go wrong).
BO
Burton_Ogden
Jan 9, 2004
Richard,

Now I need to line up the alignment markers on adjacent tiles images. Is is there some way to tell Photoshop to align point A,B on layer X with point C,D on layer Y? Short of just by eye ball, I mean.

PanaVue’s Image Assembler lets you do exactly that. You might want to try the free downloadable demo version:

<http://www.panavue.com>

— Burton —

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections