eyedropper automatic sampling – how do i get it back?

T
Posted By
TheIdeaGuy
Oct 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS, and use it all the time for photo-retouching. Normally, when I drag the eyedropper over the image, the color window changes based on the pixes I am over. This is extremely helpful to see the CMYK changes in the various colors, especially when I am working on the edges of objects in the picture.

I must have done something though, because now the eyedropper no longer gives me an automatic readout of the color of the pixels I am over. Now, I have to click on the image to get a readout, which changes my foreground/background color, which I then need to change back to paint with.

The colors change in the info window, just not in the color window (I want it in the color window)

Does anyone know how to reset the eyedropper so that it automatically reads out the colors I am hovering over?

I have tried "resetting" the eyedropper tool to default.

Also, the shft+ctrl+alt while restarting doesn’t reset the preferences in PS CS. (at least not for me). Is there another way to do it? I can’t find that anywhere.

mark

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 29, 2006
"TheIdeaGuy" wrote in message
I have Photoshop CS, and use it all the time for photo-retouching. Normally, when I drag the eyedropper over the image, the color window changes based on the pixes I am over. This is extremely helpful to see the CMYK changes in the various colors, especially when I am working on the edges of objects in the picture.

I must have done something though, because now the eyedropper no longer gives me an automatic readout of the color of the pixels I am over. Now, I have to click on the image to get a readout, which changes my foreground/background color, which I then need to change back to paint with.

The colors change in the info window, just not in the color window (I want it in the color window)

Does anyone know how to reset the eyedropper so that it automatically reads out the colors I am hovering over?

I have tried "resetting" the eyedropper tool to default.
Also, the shft+ctrl+alt while restarting doesn’t reset the preferences in PS CS. (at least not for me). Is there another way to do it? I can’t find that anywhere.
Mark,

It’s a "timing" thing, try holding the keys down (and keep them down) whilst starting PS, you should get the box asking if you want to delete your preference file. You do.

HTH
MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections