HELP – CS2 has some major workflow holes, going back to 7.0 !

PZ
Posted By
Paolo_Zambrini
Nov 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all,
i’d like to know if there’s a way to restore 7.0 behavior about some things i cannot stand in CS: – Sliders: in 7.0, you could click on the arrow (i.e. layer opacity) and drag the cursor keeping LMB down. A fast and smart "one-click" operation. Now, you’ve to click once to get the slider, then leave the button and reclick to drag the slider. WHY ? It’s a stupid thing, it hits my workflow very badly.
– Linking layers: the small chain icon near layers was nice and clever, and workwed pretty good. Now, you’ve to select layers, then click RMB and select "link layers". WHY ?

CS2 is good, but introduced these and other workflow "features" which are way worse than before.
So, how can i restore 7.0 behaviors; in Options it’s not possible.

Does Adobe knows how these are badly designed, or am i the first one whining about these ?

thanks,
Paolo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 8, 2005
Sliders: in 7.0, you could click on the arrow (i.e. layer opacity) and drag the cursor keeping LMB down

Ah – but now you have "Scrubby Sliders"! Just mouse over the word "opacity" click and Presto! you can slide up and down to your heart’s content. MORE – you can modify the speed (increments) with the alt and ctrl keys.

Linking layers: the small chain icon near layers was nice and clever, and workwed pretty good. Now, you’ve to select layers, then click RMB and select "link layers". WHY ?

Now you don’t even have to link layers. Just Ctrl click two or more layers to "temporarily" link them. Much better!

To get to know CS2 is to get to love it.

Chris.
JL
Joanna_Lakey
Nov 8, 2005
WOW! I was aggravated myself about the same things!

Thanks Chris!
Joanna
RK
Ronald Keller
Nov 9, 2005
Ah – but now you have "Scrubby Sliders"!

Yes and this even works on some items that have no sliders! Like text size for instance. YES! 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 9, 2005
Just scrub around for a few surprises!

I wish it were consistent though: Extract – no; Liquify – yes; and so on.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Nov 9, 2005
John,

You’re right about Extract, but also note that in many cases you can hold down the Ctrl key to force a scrubby where none exists.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 9, 2005
Yes, like zooming the magnification figure in the new-style image frame B)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections