Posted By
fiona_henderson
Feb 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I have read FAQ, but haven’t got the right answer. I’ve scrolled throught the past questions, but haven’t seen what I’m looking for.

My problem: I cannot install from the disk, onto my Win XP Home. How do I either tell my machine that I have administrator rights, or how do I bypass this??? It’s soooo frustrating!!

Thanks
Fiona

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 5, 2004
Fiona, please post more details about what’s happening when you try to install Elements. For example, describe error messages that come up, etc. I didn’t think XP Home had such a thing as an administrator’s account. Are you sure you have XP Home and not Pro?
PD
Pete_D
Feb 5, 2004
Beth, Home does have admin. I think most people do not set it up because there is no need for security (in most cases) of home use, but it is there.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 5, 2004
Thanks, Pete. Can you tell which one I use?! Now that you mention it, though, I must have known that. I was getting confused with some other major difference between the two.
PD
Pete_D
Feb 5, 2004
Beth,

When first setting up WinXP it asks if you want to have a password. If you select no then when you start your computer and it logs you in as administrator.

If you chose yes and set up a password then that password would be required to log in as administrator.

Pete

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections