F
Posted By
friesian
Jun 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t figure out the problem. I installed CS2 on my old laptop just fine.

I have the store bought CD for version 5.5 and a CD with the downloaded upgrade for CS2. Yes, it is legally purchased by me. I installed winzip, but it keeps giving me an error. First, it can’t unzip to the Photoshop Tryout folder. I made a folder for it, so now it gives me this error:

Can’t create output file: C:\Program FIles\Adobe\Photopshop CS2\Photoshop CS2\Adobe DNG COnverter\Adobe DNG.Converter.exe

I need to get this installed. I bought the new laptop to take to events so that I can process my photos faster. The laptop arrived Tuesday, and I was asked at the last minute to do a show this weekend. I really hate the idea of taking the slow clunker just because I can’t get CS2 on this laptop.

Is there another program for unzipping this program that would work better?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
friesian
Jun 14, 2008
I tried copying the whole CS2 folder from my old computer, and CS2 starts to open, then closes because I haven’t entered the serial number. Any ideas of how I can get it to let me do that?
G
Greg
Jun 14, 2008
wrote:

I have the store bought CD for version 5.5 and a CD with the downloaded upgrade for CS2. Yes, it is legally purchased by me. I installed winzip, but it keeps giving me an error. First, it can’t unzip to the Photoshop Tryout folder. I made a folder for it, so now it gives me this error:

Can’t create output file: C:\Program FIles\Adobe\Photopshop CS2\Photoshop CS2\Adobe DNG COnverter\Adobe DNG.Converter.exe
I need to get this installed. I bought the new laptop to take to events so that I can process my photos faster. The laptop arrived Tuesday, and I was asked at the last minute to do a show this weekend. I really hate the idea of taking the slow clunker just because I can’t get CS2 on this laptop.

Is there another program for unzipping this program that would work better?

Your problem is Vista on your new machine.

The only answer is to upgrade to CS3 or install XP SP2.

Colin D.
** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **
JJ
John J
Jun 14, 2008
wrote:

I have the store bought CD for version 5.5 and a CD with the downloaded upgrade for CS2.

You had CS2 on your old machine, but not this setup. You cannot upgrade from version 5.5 to CS2.

This ‘upgrade’ for CS2 is Zipped? Not by Adobe, it ain’t.

It seems that what you bought is questionable.
B
Boskey
Jun 14, 2008
wrote in message
I tried copying the whole CS2 folder from my old computer, and CS2 starts to open, then closes because I haven’t entered the serial number. Any ideas of how I can get it to let me do that?
You say you have a downloaded version of cs2 on disc, then copy the disc contents to a temp file on your hard drive, then try to install from this location. Btw, if you are running Vista on your new machine, cs2 may not be what you want. I just looked at downloading a trial version of cs3 and found Adobe has suspended the trial downloads. Perhaps a new Photoshop will be out soon.
F
friesian
Jun 27, 2008
On Jun 14, 5:36 am, John wrote:
wrote:

I have the store bought CD for version 5.5 and a CD with the downloaded upgrade for CS2.

You had CS2 on your old machine, but not this setup. You cannot upgrade from version 5.5 to CS2.

This ‘upgrade’ for CS2 is Zipped? Not by Adobe, it ain’t.
It seems that what you bought is questionable.

You are incorrect. I bought the upgrade CS2 from Adobe’s website 2 years ago. It did in fact upgrade my 5.5 version to CS2. It was the oldest version able to upgrade to CS2 when I did it.

And it does require it to be unzipped each time. I did finally get winzip to work, and it installed fine after that. I did have to deactivate it from my old laptop as it hit number 3 (my old laptop, my old desktop that died, and my current desktop). Once I deactivated it from the old laptop, it activated on the new laptop. And it runs great.
F
friesian
Jun 27, 2008
Your problem is Vista on your new machine.

The only answer is to upgrade to CS3 or install XP SP2.

Thanks, but it does work fine on Vista. It just took a lot of work to find the right thing to change to get winzip to work. I had to change the name of the file and something else. I’m not actually sure which change did it, but it finally worked.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections