Posted By
Rafael_Sanchis
Jun 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI.
Please let me know the procedure to Install the Photoshop CS3 Upgrade in a New Windows Vista Laptop.

I Have the PS CS (Install it in the Windows Vista) ? next install the Upgrade. ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 5, 2007
Hi Rafael,

No. Simply install the PS CS3 Upgrade only. During the process it will prompt you to insert the CD from an earlier version to verify your upgrade eligibility. At that pont, swap the CDs out, let the verification be performed, then swap the CDs again and continue with the installation process.

Note, the CS3 installer is very troublesome for some folks and can also be misleading even when it works. Should it be that you see the installation has progressed to where it says "installing shared components" and then it appears to get stuck, be patient….and be patient for a while. It could take 15 minutes or more before the installer progresses further. On my home PC, the installer overall took perhaps 15-20 minutes to fully complete, while on a slower 3.4GHz Pentium 4 system at work, it took very close to an hour. I suggest you allow up to an hour to elapse before you rule the installation a failure.

Regards,

Daryl
B
Brian
Jun 5, 2007
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:48:45 -0700, Daryl_Pritchard wrote:

It could take 15 minutes or more before the installer progresses further. On my home PC, the installer overall took perhaps 15-20 minutes to fully complete, while on a slower 3.4GHz Pentium 4 system at work, it took very close to an hour. I suggest you allow up to an hour to elapse before you rule the installation a failure.
Whaaat??!!
Lordy…
Is this Vista-specific or is it a pretty general thing? (I’ll be upgrading to CS3 shortly)

B.

If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man
that has so much as to be out of danger? -T. H. Huxley
DS
Damian_Shepard
Sep 1, 2007
Hi,

Could someone help me clarify one item? I have a Full PS 6.0 License and later updated to 7.0… I am now looking to get CS3 to get compatibility and this product back installed on my new VISTA pc…

Since 6.0 is not listed as an upgrade option, but I have legally purhcased the 6.0 and 7.0 licenses, can I purchase the upgrade for CS3 and use my upgrade 7.0 as proof of purchase?

I started a case with Adobe customer service but have recieved no response… I’m eager to possibly purchase this product this weekend, but don’t want to get caught by not being able to use it and stuck out the money it will cost to complete.

Please advise and thanks in advance!
L
LenHewitt
Sep 1, 2007
Yes. During installation you will need your V7 CD.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections