After installing, Windows has error! Please help!

PO
Posted By
Paul_Ogawa
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thank you everyone for reading this message:

After installing Adobe Photoshop 6.0, I get this error message when I start up my (windows xp operating) computer. It states: "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent heardware or software might have caused this….Then it gives me 5 options:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode w/ Networking
Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt
Last Known Good Config…
Start Windows Automatically

Only the Safe Mode Options work!

I tried both System Restore, the Windows Setup Disks, and BIOS Configuration, but it still does not work.

Thinking that it was Photoshop’s fault, I deleted it off my system. However, it still does not work!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

P.S. Is Photoshop 6.0 compatible with Windows XP?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mick_Murphy
Jan 2, 2004
PS6 runs no problem on WinXP so it is not that. You might get more help on the Microsoft forum as this is a Windows problem.

First thing you ought to do is back up any important data on your hard drive if you haven’t already done this in case of disaster assuming you can still access your files in Safe Mode.

It’s not clear what you mean when you say you used the Windows setup disks. You could try using the Recovery Console – boot from your Win CD and follow the instructions – to repair or reinstall Windows. I forget off hand what the options are but I think it will probably do a fresh install. If you have more than one partition, you could just do a clean install to that but this would mean reinstalling all your programs.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections