J
Posted By
JM
Nov 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please bear with me, as I’m brand new to Elements. I am trying to assist a friend for whom I built a new computer.

He has been running PSE 5.0 on his old computer, storing his catalogs on a second internal hard drive. Tonight we installed PSE 6.0 on his new computer and tried to point 6.0 to the catalogs on the old computer, after I’d shared the hard drive containing the catalogs on the network (a two-computer workgroup). I do not know anything about the directory structure of the Elements catalogs, but I do know that what my friend calls his catalogs are literally hundreds of folders, many of them inside other folders. I could browse to these files from 6.0, but I could not get the program to recognize them as catalogs. I assume (?) there is a data file of some kind which defines these folders as Elements catalogs, and I would think there would need to be some kind of reindexing to mark these folders as catalogs of the new 6.0 installation.

I found in Help the process to export/import, but a problem is that the 5.0 installation is corrupt on the old computer’s C drive, so my friend evidently can neither run PSE or reinstall it.

Is there a way to get 6.0 to catalog these folders without actually moving the data?

Sorry if I’ve left out important info. I’ll be glad to clarify.

Thank you,

jm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections