P
Posted By
Playtable
Oct 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed Elements 2.0 and everytime I go for the tutorial or help files or just press F1, my browser opens up and says the web page is unavailable. I have Windows 98 2nd edition with a DSL internet connection that uses the SBC Yahoo browser. Any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 4, 2003
We’ve known for quite a while that the browser crafted for AOL isn’t capable of accessing the Help and Tutorial features of Elements, and just a day or so ago we learned the same is true of Compuserve’s. Since SBC Yahoo has had a browser custom made for them, try this and see if it works:

Download (free) or locate on your hard drive a "plain vanilla" version of Internet Explorer 5.0 or above. Now go to your Control Panel>Internet Options>Web and set IE 5.0 as your default browser. If your experience is the same as that of AOL and Compuserve customers, your Yahoo won’t be effected, but the HTML files that Adobe uses for Help and the Tutorials will launch.

Please report back and tell us if this works. We may have to add one more ISP’s browser to the list!
P
Playtable
Oct 4, 2003
Hoooooray!!! I already had IE 5.0. I reset it to be my default browser and YES the help files work now. The only problem being that when I open up the SBC Yahoo browser to check my mail now, it asks if I want to reset the default browser back to it each time. I can live with that if I have to though. Thanks Beth!
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 4, 2003
You’re welcome. 🙂 Doesn’t Yahoo give you that option "Don’t ask again"? No, huh? Well it’s a shame!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections