B
Posted By
billbr
Oct 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a problem that stumped me, so I thought I would share what I found and how to get through it. I had Acrobat Pro 7.0.5, Photoshop CS, Golive 6.0, Golive CS, and Illustrator CS2 Tryout installed. Before installing PSCS2, I uninstalled the ICS2 Tryout. I installed my PSCS2 Update and the first thing I noticed was that Photoshop CS was NOT uninstalled as part of the process. Jumping into PSCS2, I found that Help would not come up. I got a message box indicating that the help process could not be started. I ignored that and started looking at the new features and immediately found that the bridge crashed. At this point, I thought the installation had failed (it didn’t complain). So I repaired the installation. No change. I uninstalled and reinstalled PSCS2. No change. To make a long story short, the ICS2 Tryout uninstall had trashed the installation database. This forced me to uninstall ALL of my Adobe products, download and use the Microsoft Registry Cleanser, and then reinstall all of my products and updates. This will be the last time I install one of the tryouts. So instead of getting a good 4-6 hours of training done on CS2, I managed to get it working 😐

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Nurali_Kushkov
Oct 27, 2005
I’ve got a same problem with my brand new Power PC. I’ve tried EVERYTHING but nothing helps.. It’s like hell on earth. I’ve tried to uninstall all adobe products, I’ve cleaned the registry-after new installation I’ve got a same message!!!!!!!!!
I didn’t find any better solution, so now I’m reinstalling a Windows XP-hope it will help.. who knows, maybe it will not..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections